Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Heaven

9/26/2012

Heaven

If having Benjamin and Stacey stay with us yesterday was wonderful, then last night at bedtime was heaven.  Why?  Because Benjamin sleeps between Jeff (Pop Pop) and me and it's the best feeling in the world.  Young children love with all their heart and they are innocent and it's beautiful.  We get in bed surrounded by all of Benjamin's favorite books and one or two stuffed, as well as real animals and snuggle beneath the covers.  I read the books using my very best variation of voices for the different characters.  Benjamin laughs a lot so I'm either doing a really good job - or I just sound silly.  I'm fine either way.

Once the lights are out, Benjamin wants to be held and touched and we repeat our love for one another before the room gets quiet and everyone is dreaming away.  In the morning, there is a gentle tap and light whisper "Mom Mom" which I immediately hear.  We cuddle and talk and holding on to a young boy in the early morning light has to be the best way to wake up - ever. 

I have left Benjamin upstairs with Jeff and I can hear the giggles and soft voices between the two and it's heart warming.  Young children tend to cling to females and I like to give Jeff an opportunity to be alone with Benjamin when I can.  Some day I suspect that Jeff will be a more interesting play pal than me while they do all that manly stuff like building something and getting dirty, which are two things I don't happen to excel at!

After breakfast today we'll load up the car with our sand buckets and head to the plane for what I hope will be a great day at the beach weather wise.  I already know it will be another memory making time with Benjamin and one that Stacey is bound to catch on film.

Let's celebrate the special relationship between grandparents and grandchildren - there is nothing like it in the world.  There is a quote out there that goes something like this "if they had known how much fun grandchildren would have been - they would have had them first". 

Go hug a little person, it'll make your day.

P

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Makes me yearn to live closer to our grandchildren!! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...