Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Today's Visitors

9/25/2012

Today's Visitors

Today, Benjamin and his mother (Stacey) are coming for an overnight visit.  In case you don't know Benjamin is our 4 year old grandson and obviously Stacey is his mom.  Grandchildren are delicious and Benjamin is super yummy.

I've been to the store and have readied my pantry for a 4 year old's tummy - chocolate milk, pop tarts, mac 'n cheese and other things only small children will eat, especially if they are fussy eaters.  This morning I am baking a cake so that after dinner tonight there will be dessert.  I wouldn't be a worthy grandma (though he calls me Mom-Mom) if I didn't have a goodie or two waiting for him. 

If you know Benjamin's history then you know that my neighbor, Kim, and her family are  emotionally invested in this child too.  So when Benjamin comes to visit, Kim and I share him.  This afternoon Benjamin is staying with Kim which he'll love.  Kim is all the things that Mom-Mom isn't.  She is very active and they go hiking and running and trampoline jumping.  Then when he's worn out, he returns to me for my favorite activities - hugging, rocking and reading stories.  It's the perfect combination and one we have perfected over the years.

While Benjamin is running around getting all that 4 year old energy out of his body, his mother and I are going to the art studio to do ceramics and glass fusing projects.  Stacey is super creative and will be able to assist her non-creative mother-in-law today!  Once we're done playing artist, she and I may hit a store or two because there's probably something we need/want!

The reason for the visit?  You mean other than me being a great Mom-Mom and mother-in-law?  Tomorrow, weather permitting, Jeff is flying us up to Ocean City, NJ for a day at the beach.  I think the water is going to be cold but the sand is still there and I've packed up sand toys for castle building and a beach ball for chasing.  The airport is close to the ocean, has a fabulous diner and there are even showers so we don't have to track the sand back into the airplane.  Bonus!

Stacey is an amazing photographer so she is going to take pictures of Jeff and I with the plane for our Christmas cards.  Likely, we'll take some extra pictures of us with Benjamin too. 

Here's hoping that tomorrow is an amazing weather day and that Benjamin keeps his headphones on!  So here's hoping not only for blue skies tomorrow but warm weather. I think I'll pack a sweatshirt just in case!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...