Friday, September 7, 2012

Quiet

9/7/2012

Quiet

It's early Friday morning although not as early as I am generally up and writing.  The world inside and outside of my house is quiet.  There are no horns honking, people talking or even birds flying.  Nothing.  I just spent a few minutes on the front porch and it was me and nothing.  I believe you could have heard a pin drop if one had had the nerve to do so.  

One of the reasons I get up literally at the crack of dawn is primarily so that I can beat the traffic down 270 - but also because before the headaches of the day start up, my world is quiet and peaceful.  And I need that.

I like the quiet.  You can actually hear your own heartbeat and think your own thoughts without interruption.  You are at peace with yourself as well as with the world.  By the time the first cup of coffee has gone down, the quiet begins to dissolve like cotton candy on your tongue.  And the spell is broken and it will be hours again before the stillness will once again take over.  Now that the days are getting shorter, the quiet arrives earlier in the evenings because nobody can play outside in the dark.

I'm going to stop writing, grab the last swig of coffee, gather up my things and get in the car.  Perhaps today I'll play soft elevator music to keep hold of the quiet just a bit longer.

Have a wonderful and quiet Friday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...