Friday, September 14, 2012

Shopping Bags

9/14/2012

Shopping Bags

I don't know how it is where you live, but in this county if you don't bring a bag in to the store and you have to use one of theirs it costs a nickel.  The nickel is more of an annoyance than anything, if they really wanted to get people's attention the bag would cost let's say a dollar.

Once I knew the resolution was going to pass I went out on Ebay (of course) and bought myself a dozen bright red shopping bags.  I gave half the bags to a good friend of mine.  The remainder of the bags sit in the backseat of my car ready and waiting.  Unfortunately, waiting is all they do.  I almost never get into a store with my own bag(s).  Sometimes I even put a bag in the FRONT seat and still forget it.  It's just not a routine I'm used to.

It's not just me.  I have seen a lot of people who carry out a small stash of groceries or sundries in their hands rather than pay for a bag.  If you were to ask them I bet all of them have a bag or two in their car.  They just forget - like me.

Last week I went out and did some clothes shopping and when I got to the register THEN I remembered where the bags were.  Did I pay for a bag?  Nope.  I told the clerk, as she must hear a hundred times a day, my bags are in the car.  So I carried my new clothes in my arms out of the store just like everybody else.

When I do happen to remember the bags I applaud myself.  Hurrah for me I think.  I love my bags, they are sturdy and they are my favorite color, so why in the dickens can't I remember them?

So if you have a suggestion on how to remember to take a bag(s) in the store with me, please share it.  I need all the help I can get.

Have a great Friday.

P

1 comment:

  1. Maybe try putting the bag in your lap, so that when you park, you will see the bags on your lap.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...