Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fresh Air and Things

9/9/2012

Fresh Air and Things

It's Sunday morning and I've been busy.  I've done my time in front of my SAD light, done a load of laundry and worked on paperwork in the office with Jeff for a couple of hours.  I think he and I have hammered all the issues that popped up this week back into the ground.  Not exactly a perfect Sunday morning; but, if you get the nasty stuff out of the way first then the rest of the day is free (more or less).

For the first time in months, we have opened up the house to let the fresh air blow through.  I'm expecting a call from Pepco any minute now asking if everything is okay.  I'm sure I'm one of the top paying customers because I do like to be comfy cool all summer long.  Of course in the winter we pay all our money to the gas company because I like to be comfy warm!  Just to be clear I'm seldom completely satisfied with the temperature here or anywhere.

Yesterday, I went back to the art studio and picked up my finished treasures from last week.  Not bad I must say.  The glass fusing and ceramic plates both came out nice.  There were a number of first timers there yesterday that wanted to see my glass creation, and they oohed and aahed.  Perhaps their reaction was a little over the top; but, it was nice to hear.

I hate to just run in, pick up and leave, so I did another glass fusing and ceramic project - bigger this time.  The clerk remembered me from last week so she did the glass cutting for me and made suggestions on how to finish my piece.  The large ceramic plate I finished I hope is good enough to give to Stacey for a gift.  I painted it in speckled paint and put a darker speckled B in the center of the plate.  If it doesn't look good - then I can keep it for myself.

Jeff has grated some zucchini for me so I think it's time to warm up the oven and make some zucchini bread.  Remember I have already given you guys the recipe.  A slice of zucchini bread with a cold glass of milk or a warm cup of coffee - heaven.

Gotta run, off to the kitchen to bake.  Enjoy your Sunday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...