Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Loss of a Friend

9/19/2012

Loss of a Friend

Last week Jeff and I lost a friend that we had known for over 30 years.  During our younger days while living in Southern California, Jeff and Skip enjoyed making major renovations to our little dumpy house.  The renovations were of course welcomed - the problem was that they generally did their best work after dinner late at night!  I remember them deciding that a wall in my little dining area should be expanded upon and sledgehammers and drywall dust flew around the house after 10:00 at night!  Trust me when I tell you that my house missing large bits and pieces was not just a one time deal - nope they did it several times.  They always did the "rough" work but it took a long time to get them to actually finish a project.  Yet, even though I remember my impatience with the two of them at the time, I now realize those were some of the best times Jeff and I had. 

Here's a quote from Leo Buscaglia that seems fitting for today:

"Ancient Egyptians believed that upon death they would be asked two questions and their answers would determine whether they could continue their journey in the afterlife.  The first question was, 'Did you bring joy?'   The second was, 'Did you find joy?"

I can certainly answer that our friend, Skip, gave joy as well as many great and wonderful memories to us.  As for the second question I can't answer that for him, but I'm pretty sure the answer is yes for he enjoyed life very much.

We'll miss you very much Skip.

P

1 comment:

  1. So sad to hear about Skip, I remember him and he was a very nice man. Sorry to hear that you and Jeff have lost a good friend.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...