Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sleeping vs. Napping

9/23/2012

Sleeping vs. Napping

There are some things in life that are necessary to keep our bodies running.  One is food and hurrah for that.  Who doesn't love food?  Obviously, some of us eat more food than is really necessary for our bodies - but that's a different story.

Sleep is a requirement for our bodies and some of you readers may be able to 'z' away each night for 8 or more hours.  If you're like me, then you are trying to eek out 4 or 5 hours, which, in my case, is  way less than I need.

This is where naps come in.  The difference between sleeping and napping is that one is a requirement and the other is a luxury.  Napping, for me, is akin to having breakfast out - almost sinful.  I love on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon when the chores are done (or as many of them as I'm going to do) to climb into my bed and snooze for a few hours.  The sleep I get during a nap seems to be of a much better quality than what I get at night.  I have no idea why - but exhaustion may be part of the answer!  The nice part is that my two dogs are ready to make the ultimate sacrifice and stop running around the yard barking at falling leaves and nap with me - so all is quiet - and this makes everyone happy.

One of the very cool things about having Ben as a baby was that he napped - a lot.  And so did I.   Even now when he visits and begins to fuss up about a nap, I know that once I've read him a few stories, pulled the covers up and we snuggle in, he'll be a goner in minutes.  Works every time.

It's Sunday and deliciously cool outside.  Hurry and get the necessaries out of the way, perhaps turn on a football game, recline back and you might actually even see a few plays!  A very fine way to spend some quality time with your favorite chair or sofa. 

Have a relaxing Sunday.

P

1 comment:

  1. I've had my nap today...and I took the dog with me too...glorious! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...