Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lost Shoes

9/6/2012

Lost Shoes



You have read my little tirades about finding a shoe in or by the side of a road.  Maybe you’re not as curious as I am, but whenever I see one I can’t help but wonder how it got there in the first place.  Today people I had my first experience with shoes (notice the ‘s’ on the end).  I’m driving down the road and in the middle of the road is a black and white oxford which looks like a golf shoe.  My brain goes into overdrive about how in the devil did a shoe just appear in the road.  But wait it gets better.  A block away the other shoe is in the middle of the road – now we have a complete set.  This was my first!

After seeing the second shoe I’m really wondering.  Was there an argument going on in the car and party one throws party two’s shoe out the window?  Argument continues and party one throws out the other shoe?  I’m sure if that was the scenario that it was probably pretty cathartic for the thrower.  But you must surely know that by tossing the shoes out the window, they’ve got to be replaced.  Right?

I can find no logical explanation for two shoes to be out in the middle of the road a block apart, except being thrown out the window.  How else would they get there?

Thoughts anyone?  I decided seeing both shoes today was some kind of lucky omen for me.  I’ll let you know when the luck kicks in.  In the meantime, be on the lookout for PAIRS of shoes, they’re a rare find.

I'm typing this with my "SAD" light on mere inches away from my face.  Gads is it bright.  No need to turn on an overhead light, it's like having the sun inside the house with you.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...