Saturday, September 22, 2012

Yesterday

9/22/2012

Yesterday

Due to Jeff's committment to hosting a pilot activity in Frederick all weekend, we each celebrated our anniversary apart.  I think my day might have been slightly better than his.  Jeff had to do the banking and drive down to the warehouse to fire one of our long term drivers.  After that, he rushed to Frederick to begin the ferrying of arriving pilots to their hotels.  That last activity was pure fun for him.

As for me, I went to my favorite salon and received a heated stone massage, facial and manicure.  The massage was fantastic.  Even with my eyes closed random thoughts kept running through my head, but interestingly enough they didn't stay.  They began as a niggle and ended as quickly as they arrived.  Amazing.  By the end of the massage I was melted butter.  I could hardly put my robe on I was so relaxed.

Still being in the completely zoned out stage I continued to relax during my facial.  The good thing about massages and facials is there is no talking - I like that.  The lights are dim and there is some  peaceful music playing in the background, otherwise not a sound.  Perfect.

Once I stopped being Cinderella and returned to the real world, I came home and did some intentional exercise by picking up the day's batch of fallen oak leavs and acorns.  I can't believe that there are any more acorns on that tree, I'm sure the squirrels must have gotten them all by now.

Since we are replacing our wood burning fireplace with a gas log insert, there was no need to keep the stacked firewood left over from last year.  I advertised it on Craigslist and miracles of miracles several people wanted it.  Admittedly, the price was low especially for nearly an entire cord of wood.  Somebody picked up the firewood this week, so my job was to go out and rake up all the leaves and leftover wood chunks and get rid of them.  After 26 years it will be kind of nice to try and grow grass there again. 

The rest of the day was quiet and I watched my favorite shows at night: Project Runway, Top Chef Masters headed the lineup.  Tonight, since I'll still be alone, I have lined up two movies, a cold soda and a bag of popcorn waiting to be popped! 

Enjoy your Saturday.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...