Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Days Off

10/30/2012

Days Off

Well Sandy has moved on for the most part and we came out of the storm unscathed.  To be sure the front yard is a disaster zone with all the downed leaves but all of our trees remained in the ground.  This is a good thing!  Jeff was nice enough today to blow the wet leaves off the driveway and sidewalk because they are slippery when wet.

So what does a person do with two extra days of down time?  Hmmm.  Sleep in was the first order of business - until 10:00 one morning.  It was like being a teenager again.  Secondly, I downloaded some new books from my friendly electronic store and sat in my chair and watched the wind swirl around while I got in massive amounts of reading time. 

I did some paperwork up in the office but not much I can tell you.  I did what was required and then booked it back downstairs so that I could return to reading and/or watching my cheesy tv shows.  I particularly like Kitchen Nightmares and Shipping Wars and have lots of old shows to watch in my down time.  Yesterday and today qualified as official down time so I watched Gordon Ramsey yell at restaurant owners and I watched shippers try to move everything from chicken coops to water towers.  Fun stuff.

I may have occasionally tilted my chair back just a tad and checked my eyelids for holes.  I can sleep pretty well in my reclining chair for a bit of time and then body parts tend to fall asleep and I hate that tingly return to life feeling.  At that point, you either get up and move around or if you're really committed to sleep - go to bed.  I have standards (though they're not very high) so I remain upright.

The last two days off have been kind of like vacation days without any stress, responsibilities or worries.  In other words, really fun.  I have been able for these past two days to kick all my stress to the curb and allow myself to do pretty much nothing.  And it felt wonderful.

Tomorrow it's back to work and whatever awaits - but I still have another hour or so of tv watching before bedtime.  My lunch is already packed and my clothes are laid out, so I'm organized as usual.  This blog is supposed to be my morning blog for tomorrow, so don't cheat and read it tonight!

It was nice to have extra days off in October because there is a really long stretch between September and November in terms of holidays. 

The other thing I'm particularly thankful for is that Jeff was not away on business during all this mess.  I'd have been fine but likely not as relaxed.  Timing is everything.

Happy Halloween.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...