Monday, October 15, 2012

Money is No Object

10/15/2012

Money is No Object

My sister recently asked me if money was no object what three things would I buy?   It took me about three seconds before I had my answer.  Apparently back there in the cobwebs of my mind I have pondered this subject before - many times.

Since we can't buy world peace I decided to just go all out materialistic.  At first I thought tummy tuck.  What woman at my age wouldn't want that.  BUT then I thought maybe I should have everything pulled from my ankles up and then they could just cut all the excess off (quite a bit) and I'd get an entirely new body.  That would be much better than just fixing one area of the old bod.  Don't you agree?

Second, would be my most wished for trip to Italy and the Isle of Murano in particular.  I am an avid collector of Murano glass and would someday love to see these Italian artisans at work.  I would also need to bring an empty suitcase for all the treasures I would surely buy.

Thirdly, a second home.  Close to the ocean, big porch, lots of windows, large library and filled with all the electronic reading devices I've accumulated over the years!  Maybe I'd throw in a few real books for looks. 

Well that's my wish list.  Emphasis on wish.  It's true I could probably make the trip to Italy happen and my second home I already have sort of.  My second home just happens to have a tail number and resides at an airport but thanks to my "mobile" home my address isn't permanent and can be changed at a moment's notice (weather permitting)!  Maybe what I'm really looking for is a "mobile" home that is bigger and faster than the one we currently own.

What do you wish for?

Enjoy Monday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...