Friday, October 5, 2012

Last Tree Standing

10/5/2012

Last Tree Standing

From the quiet surrounding me, I know the men and their noisy machines have gone - finally.  In a matter of days they managed to destroy an entire forest, except for me.  Day after day I watched the massive saws swipe down the trees and every day I thought was my last.  I waited every day for the inevitable to happen - to be sawed down and hear the men yell out "timber" as I fell to the ground where I would be hacked up and hauled away.  The animals left when the men came and they haven't returned.  Why would they?  I'm alone with the quiet and my leaves fall to the ground like tears because I wish I wasn't the last tree standing.

P

2 comments:

  1. This is very nice...great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I went out looking for a journal prompt because I was a bit dried up on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...