Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall TV Shows

10/2/2012

Fall TV Shows

I don't think anyone looks forward to the new parade of fall television shows more than I do.  I eagerly record what I believe will be something worth my time careful to avoid the genres that I know I won't appreciate (science fiction for instance).  For the most part the only shows that Jeff and I don't watch together are - cooking and aviation shows.  I watch my cooking shows while he's working and he watches his aviation stuff after I've gone to bed - works perfectly.

In the last few nights I have parked myself on the sofa and started checking out these highly anticipated offerings - and several of them aren't going to make it to round two of recording - in my house.  They were just that bad (only in my opinion to be fair).  Jeff and I and some of my more avid television watching friends believe that all shows deserve to be seen twice before you pull the plug.  This season there are several that I deleted from my recording list after the first show. One in particular should have been deleted while I was watching - it was just that bad.

One show is so downright creepy that I'm removing it from the "must see" list.  I've seen it - once - and that's going to be enough.  Another show, supposedly a comedy, was just too boring and unfunny so it has also hit the trash pile.

Jeff and I are at the moment trying to catch up on Season One of Homeland which we did not watch last year.  Luckily, Showtime was nice enough to run a marathon of season one over the weekend and we very guiltily watched one or two shows during the day (which is shocking I know)!  Happily, we are well on our way to the end of season one because I believe the new season started on Sunday.  This show is exciting and believable and the hour goes by really fast.  To be perfectly honest I also really enjoy the hour of commercial free television.  

I do have to be careful when planning my Sunday night lineup to pay attention to the football games which go long thereby throwing off an entire evening of shows.  I've pretty much gotten around this dilemma by adding 3 (yes you read correctly 3) hours to my last show of the evening.  I'm thereby guaranteed not to miss anything.

If I didn't have a Tivo and had to watch my shows real time then I'd be screwed - because I just can't get stay up that late at night and get up the next morning at 5:00.  That no longer works for me, I'm not a 20 something anymore.  I tend to get crabby when I'm tired!

Happy Tuesday.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...