Sunday, October 21, 2012

Christmas Music

10/21/2012

Christmas Music

I'm listening to Christmas music this bright, sunny fall Sunday morning.  It may sound weird, but we've already established my weirdness so no worries.  I don't understand why music as beautiful as Christmas music can only legitimately be played for one month each year.  Why?  It's the most joyous music I've ever heard.

Jeff and I own upwards of 50 Christmas CD's and all old stuff.  Music from my parents' generation - Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Mitch Miller and Frank Sinatra.  I am just this minute listening to a tuba instrumental CD and it's beautiful.  A lot of the CDs that we play are in fact instrumentals of the classics: O Come All Ye Faithful, Silent Night and Hark the Herald Angels Sing.  

I could say that I'm playing this music because it's almost November.  But the real reason is that I just love it.  So while my music is playing, my crockpot is making homemade applesauce so the house will soon be filled with not only good music but the smell of cinnamon as well.

Go ahead be brave. Dust off those CDs and fill your house with the sounds of holiday music.  Your secret is safe with me.  

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...