Friday, June 19, 2015

Good News - For a Change!

6/19/2015

Yesterday, my doctor's office called and told me I was a "go" for St. Jude's stem cell therapy implant.  You have to pass the mental test, which I did.  Then, St. Jude's and the doctor's office reaches out to my insurance company and Medicare to get authorization.  Amazingly, the authorization came through quick.  Maybe the St. Jude's letterhead showing that I was cleared for a trial implant worked magic.

On July 7th, I will have a temporary implant inserted into my back.  The temporary implant is a trial of seven to ten days to see if it works.  If it does, and I'm sure hoping that it does, then I go in and get a permanent implant.

So long story short, the implant is a pulse generator with electrodes to deliver a low dose of electricity that pulses or masks pain signals.  Will the trial implant work?  Who knows.  What I do know is that if I don't try it - I'll never know.  It's as simple as that!

I'm remaining hopefully optimistic.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...