Saturday, June 27, 2015

Same Sex Marriages

6/27/2015

The ruling by the Supreme Court making same sex marriages legal, as certainly caused an uproar.  I don't like to make a stand on much of anything and I generally keep my opinions to myself.  But for this, I'll make an exception.

I think the ruling was a good one.  I think people should be free to marry any individual they want.  They can marry somebody from Mars for all I care.  I have long believed that what you do in your house is your business.  

Over the years, I have my impact on the world as small as possible and I like it that way.  When we moved from California to Maryland, Jeff and I were shocked to find out how nosy our new neighbors were.  They wanted to know what kind of draperies (not curtains) we were going to have.  What could we see out of one of our bedroom windows that does look down into their house (we keep the blinds closed).

I know there are people who were disappointed with the ruling, but I wasn't one of them.   Women got the right to vote, we did away with segregation, allowed marijuana to be sold legally in some states and this latest ruling is a huge step for same sex marriages.

I know some of you might disagree with me, and that's okay, but this ruling was a long time coming and I believe the right one.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...