Saturday, June 20, 2015

Shopping for Dad

6/20/2015

Hurry up people, Father's Day is tomorrow!  I don't know about your fathers and/or husbands, but Jeff has never much appreciated a Hallmark card, so if we're out and about today, I'll pick one up at the store and he can read it right there  I know cheap on my part, but you know and I know that cards are getting to be very expensive.

The dilemma of what type of a present is harder when the receiver is a guy.  Women pretty much love everything - jewelry, flowers, perfume, candy, jewelry (you can never have too much)!  Men, on the other hand, want stuff: like tools, tools and more tools.  Men like tools as much as women like jewelry.

We don't really celebrate Father's Day or Mother's Day anymore.  Benjamin generally makes a card or gives us a drawing, and that is more than enough for Jeff and me.  I keep pretty much everything Benjamin has ever made, in my hope chest, and always dated.  While my memories are forever, I can't commit to remembering when each memento was made. 

Jeff, a long time ago, back in the early days of working for IBM was required to wear a tie every day.  Consequently, he has a lot of ties hanging in the closet.  They're no longer needed now.  So buying Jeff a tie would not be a good gift.  On a good day, Jeff is really hard to buy for.  We both have reached the age of "if we want it, we buy it", which slows down what others can buy for us.

Going out for dinner tomorrow would absolutely result in a long wait at a restaurant, unless you go for lunch, which most people don't do.  

I married him many years ago
He was young and so was I
I looked up to him and
Knew in an instance, he was the right guy

The years have gone by
Too fast for me
We're now much older
And wiser too
But 40 years later, he's still the right guy 

Happy Father's Day in advance to all of you fathers, sons and husbands.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...