Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hoorah It's Dentist Day!

6/30/2015

See how I put such a positive spin on something I dread.  I think dentists get a bad rap, but even at my age, I don't like them very much.  It's a childhood thing, back when going to the dentist really was pretty awful, particularly compared to today.  But old memories die hard.

While I know that there won't be any pain due to Novocain, which I appreciate it at the time.  Once I leave the dentist's office I feel like Betty Davis - droopy lips (in my eyes, but nobody else's), trouble drinking through a straw.  I like to treat myself to a milk shake after having been tortured - it's the least I can do for myself!

This is going to be a long appointment, which makes my heart go pitter patter and not in a good way.  Jeff has teeth like a horse, and I mean that in a good way - they are strong and he seldom has cavities.  Me, on the other hand, just walk past a candy shop and a cavity starts forming.  I know I could give up on sugar, but it's so good, I don't think I could/can.

During the drilling part of the visit, I visibly clench my hands which I'm sure the dentist notices.  I clench them out of some misguided fear that I have with dentists.  Even having my teeth cleaned is not something I enjoy and put off, which I shouldn't do, but I do it anyway.  

The dentist's staff are always happy to see me and I'm happy to see them as I head out the door when the torture is over!

I'm hoping that a dental appointment is not on your calendar today and wish it wasn't on mine.

P


1 comment:

  1. As much as some of us hate visiting the dentist, it is quite important for our dental health. Anyway, it isn’t that bad, and you get to treat yourself to some ice cream after the visit. Anyway, thanks for sharing, and don’t forget to floss!


    Karen Perry @ Brookside Dental Care

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...