Monday, June 29, 2015

A/C Troubles Again!

6/29/2015

We have a love/hate relationship with the company that services our air conditioners.  We love that you don't have to wait days for an appointment.  We love that the technician is clean and courteous.  We hate that within one month we have had two service calls and will have another one tomorrow.  We hate that each time the answer is to add more freon, which by the way, isn't cheap.  We hate that even with those service calls, the downstairs air conditioner is not working properly.

Jeff tasked me to call the manager of the local office and speak to a manager.  I absolutely hate making calls where I must assert myself, it's just not in my nature.  But, I did call and spoke with the manager.  I told him that I didn't want the same technician to come out and that I wasn't going to pay the $119.00 fee for them walking through my door.  Surprisingly, the manager agreed about the fee (that was easier than I thought it would be) and that he would try and get a supervisor out to look at the unit tomorrow.

I think it's premature to celebrate, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that who ever comes out tomorrow will have another solution besides adding more freon.  Where does all this freon go?

We'll see what happens tomorrow.  Luckily, it's not hot or humid today, so that's a good thing.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...