Friday, June 12, 2015

If it's Green it must be Landscaping!

6/12/2015

Well here we are on a hot, humid Friday.  All of you who are inside office buildings where the a/c is on - stay there.  

A few weeks ago, I planted (more or less) some new plants in the backyard.  I say more or less because some of those plants required rather deep holes, and I did my absolute best to dig the holes deep enough, but it was a rather pitiful attempt.

Since my plants are new, I go out every day and give them water, which is also an excuse to throw a little water on the dogs or myself.  I have a number of very large Hostas in the backyard and left alone these guys can get really wide - and I like that.  

Interspersed between the Hostas and my new baby plants, are weeds.  Lots of weeds.  The good thing about the weeds is that they are green, never yellow or die, unfortunately.  There was a time when I would try and pull out the weeds, which in turn makes room for the new weeds that will pop up immediately.  Okay the time for me weeding is long past.  If I manage to get on the ground, then without the help of a stool, can't get back up.  I'm not a quick learner, so after a few attempts to struggle back to an upright position, I just said the heck with it and now leave the weeds alone.

So when I'm in my backyard, there is a rather abundant amount of green in the yard along the back fence, I try and view them as a positive asset.  I'm never going to win the war on weeds all by myself, so I'm trying to learn to just let go.  It is what it is.  I do, however, draw the line at ever watering the weeds - they either thrive on their own - or they die.  Simple.

Though it's hot outside, I'm heading to the backyard to give my new plants some water, because I don't want these plants to wither!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...