Thursday, June 25, 2015

Doctors Talking Smack!

6/25/2015

Yesterday I read in the papers a story about a man who left his cellphone on during his colonoscopy so that it would record what he should do after the test.

Well, the cellphone not only recorded those instructions, but oh so much more.  While he was under, the anesthesiologist and the doctor in the room started talking about the patient, and not in a good way.  During the procedure, the doctors mocked and insulted him, unaware that his cellphone was recording everything that was said in the room.

If insults weren't enough, the doctors instructed an assistant to lie to the patient and then placed a false diagnosis on his chart.  The patient had a rash and the doctor said not to touch it because "you might get syphilis on your arm or something."

Once back at home, the patient played what he recorded and then headed straight to his attorney's office.  During a short trial, the patient was awarded $500,000.  The anesthesiologist no longer works for the medical practice and apparently she has moved to Florida.

For a very long time, before any procedure I had, I used to joke with the doctors not to make negative comments about me while I was asleep.  Apparently, some doctors need to be reminded to do their job and leave the rude comments and jokes outside.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...