Monday, June 15, 2015

Waiting on a Repairman!

6/15/2015

Hope you haven't been wondering where I've gotten of to.  Just suffering from a few days of "blog block".  Some days my brain, at least the part that is still working properly :), is well and truly blank.

It is so much easier to blog when I know exactly what I'm going to write about.  So today I'll write about waiting on a repairman.  Once you have scheduled for service, after a designated hour, you are obligated to remain home.  The minute you sneak off to run a quick errand will be the exact moment the repairman will arrive.  It's Murphy's Law and can't be helped.

Last month, we had our two air conditioning units serviced.  We were low on Freon, so more was added, and we were good.  Due to the temperature and high humidity levels, our a/c's have been working around the clock.

Jeff told me yesterday that it was time to call the a/c man back for the downstairs unit.  The unit produced cool but not cold air.  The upstairs unit on the other hand works great.  We need our blankets as well as two dogs!  Perfect sleeping weather.

I had a doctor's appointment and while I had wanted to make a stop, hurried home so that I was here at 1:00.  It's a good thing that my social calendar is empty, because I have no idea when the repairman will show up.

Luckily for me, I have jigsaws to do and books to read.  There is a tv show called "Wayward Pines".  It's a little bit on the syi-fyi for entertainment.  The world is gone except for the people who have been brought to this small town, where you don't ever talk about your past life.

I was happy to find the books on Wayward Pines because there is so much more detail in the book that the show simply can't produce.  The book, like the show, is still a bit on the creepy side, but the author writes well and I'm enjoying the read.

Time for me to get out of my chair and move around some.  Actually my iced tea glass is empty and I need a refill!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...