Tuesday, June 16, 2015

No-See-Um Bugs

6/16/2015

In our garage, I have done everything possible to keep those little pests from flying around.  It used to be that when you opened the kibble container every morning, tens or more of them would fly out.  Great.  We also kept the dog bones in the garage - same problem.  But, I found the solution.  I bought two Vital Vittle Vaults and those pesky bugs are no longer inside the containers.  Yeah for me.

They are, however, still flying around in the garage and for reasons I can't begin to explain, they annoy me.  Today, I went to Home Depot and bought fly strips where are super sticky and placed one strip near where the dog food is kept.  The other one is going closer to the garbage cans.

Last year I bought two of these sticky strips and they worked really well.  Of course, opening up the cardboard to expose the inside sticky cylinder required me to use nail polish remover to get the glue off my fingers.  Still a small price to pay for knowing that I'm doing my part in controlling gnats or whatever they're called.

Fingers crossed that there have been no ants in my kitchen.  I hate outdoor animals or pests coming into the house.  Makes me crazy, but we know that is a short trip!

Since I have now armed the garage, I'm taking my iced tea and Kindle to the chair!

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...