Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Interesting Facts?

6/24/2015

According to the internet, the source of all knowledge (and it's always right!), today is 175th day of the year (176th in leap years in the Gregorian calendar. There are 190 days remaining until the end of the year.

In 1916, Mary Pickford was the first Hollywood star to sign a $1M contract.  That was a whole lot of money back then.

Hopalong Cassidy first appeared in 1949.

Today is Swim a Lap day - ah, if only I could swim!  It is also National Pralines Day (yum).

In 1957, the I Love Lucy television show came to an end.

John Gotti began serving a life sentence in 1992.

A whole bunch of other stuff happened on the 24th, but I don't want to drone on and on, so I'll leave you with these little cocktail conversation starters!  

P



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...