Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Back to the Grind

5/31/2016

For most of you, it is/was back to the old grind today.  Jeff really enjoyed having that extra day off.  During the week he gets up so early and the morning commute isn't too bad, but the afternoon commute is a completely different story.  

I have already flipped my calendar over to June - a bit premature I know - but it's just what I do. Seems like there are lots of things on the calendar for June - doctor's visits, head shrinking.  Stuff like that.  

For dinner last night, I made a quick jambalaya.  That is, I used a box mix that had spices and rice and added chilies and sausage.  It wasn't as good as the real from scratch jambalaya that I make, but it was edible.

Today is chicken.  What can you say about chicken?  Not much, other than it tastes like chicken!!  You can put it in the oven, on the stove or on the barbecue.  But at the end of the day, it's still just chicken.  Bet you can't figure out how I feel about chicken!

I'm rounding up some old clothes and books to give to Purple Heart.  Benjamin has a Little Tykes desk and chair that he used to play with when he was younger.  But, he says he is a big boy now and that I can give away the desk and chair.  I know there is a child out there that would love to own these things.  I've looked on Craigslist and the desk doesn't sell for much, and it's much easier to give it away.  Selling on Craigslist isn't always the easiest way to go.  Jeff and I have bought a number of pieces of furniture from Craigslist, but our selling efforts haven't gone as smoothly.

Today is mop the kitchen floor day.  If, and it's a big if, the dog hair would just blow away to somewhere else, then there would be less need to mop.  Of course, I could always just run a mop over Maggie and pick up her hair before it falls!

I also need to go up to the office and do some filing.  Ugh.  A necessary evil but one that I avoid as long as I can.

Warm today.  Mister Sam is sleeping on the vent, which is one way to keep cool.

Have a good day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...