Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Really Bad Television

5/25/2016

I have started watching during my "coffee" break, the Maury show.  I know it's a new low even for me.  But somehow the show is addicting.  Kind of like watching a dog fight, which is a pretty good description for how the guests act on the show.

The scenario is almost always the same.  Woman believes her man has been cheating on her.  Woman is pregnant and wants to know if her man is the baby's father.  It is the stuff of dime store novels, but entertaining as can be.

The guests are predictably very loud and there is sometimes enough of a physical confrontation, that the "bouncers" have to step in.  The men this week all had taken lie detector tests and only one or two of them passed their test.  If the men didn't pass the lie detector test, then the woman would, for lack of a better word, go crazy.  

Perhaps, and most likely, the show is scripted in someway.  But, it's entertaining nonetheless.  While watching the show, I don't worry about anything, which is a positive thing for me.  The men involved with these women will never be confused with a person having a high IQ.  Some of the men don't work and seem happy to sit around during the day doing not much of anything.  This situation may be part of the problem with these couples.

I used to like to watch Roller Derby, which was also very physical as the women pushed and shoved their way forward around the ring.  I don't like to watch realistic shows or movies where real (or seems to be real) pain and/or torture makes up the majority of the show.

For instance, I don't watch horror films and the show Blacklist gives me nightmares, because the show is very realistic and there is a lot of bad things happening.  Nope, I prefer the "g-rated" television shows where I know that all the yelling and pushing is for show and nothing else.

On the personal side, Maury has been married to Connie Chung since 1984 and they one adopted son.  When I watch the Maury show, it's hard to believe he has an actual normal life and one that likely doesn't involve any screaming or pushing!

P



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...