Thursday, May 19, 2016

Day Two of Walking Like Chester (from Gunsmoke).....

5/19/2016

Yesterday, I sat in my recliner most of the day.  I was armed with my remote, water and coffee and some food.  I kept the leg brace on but noticed as the day worn on, the bottom of the sleeve was down around my ankles.  This was clearly not doing my knee any good at all.  Jeff would tell you, and he'd be right that I'm not a very good patient.  

When Jeff came home, I had him remove the sleeve and decided that I would be better off just dragging my right leg around me like Chester (Gunsmoke tv show)!  If I kept my right leg stiff while I "walked", I could get around the house.  Obviously, no power walking or going up and down the stairs all day, but still maneuvering under my own power.

Because it was painful and too much trouble, I didn't bother with my "toilette" yesterday.  Today, my appearance can not be overlooked.  I will be limping up the stairs to make my bed and take a shower - carefully.  I don't know how it is for men, but I, like all the women I know, feel better after washing their hair.  Yes, it's definitely a girl thing.

I did make (i.e., microwave) a frozen meal in a bag for dinner last night.  Perhaps tonight I can actually do some cooking and serve something that's not meant for the microwave!

Stay well.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...