Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day To Me

5/8/2016

Yep it's here - Mother's Day.  On this special day, Moms get taken out to dinner, receive cards, flowers and/or candy.  In a perfect world, Mother is feted with love from her children.  In actuality, Mother's Day like Father's Day is more of a Hallmark-like induced occasion.  People feel that they must bow to marketing schemes: buy jewelry, have dinner out, etc.  If they don't do any of these things, then they may feel guilty.

While I wasn't close to my mother, I never stopped sending her Mother's Day cards.  You see, I too felt guilt if I didn't march to the beat of the marketing scheme.  You know what I would prefer?  A few minutes alone with my sons talking.  That would be a grand gift.

As I mentioned yesterday, my plans for today have been scuttled.  Jeff is going to the airport to have a look at the plane, since one of it's alternators has gone out.  I will be on dog duty/alert and will try to do some reading, along with a few chores (boring).

Try and take a few moments to remember your Mom.  She'd appreciate it.

P

Image result for happy mothers day prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...