Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and (wo)men

5/7/2016

Let's refer to yesterday's blog shall we?  You remember that Jeff was flying off for a flying formation class.  I, on the other hand, was planning a weekend of junk food and crappy television.  Here's the thing: if Jeff and I didn't have bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all.  Trust me on this.

In the afternoon, Jeff took off for the airport.  I grabbed up my raincoat because it was raining hard, and took myself off to the grocery store.  What did I buy? Glad you asked.  I bought bagels (sort of healthy), a couple of sour cream doughnuts, three magazines and a saucer-sized Chocolate Eclair Pie.  Yummmy for the tummy!

After shopping, I went to McDonalds for my lunch.  I bought a small burger, small fries and even though I wanted a bigger size, went with a small milkshake.  I went home and got in my favorite chair to read and eat, or eat and read, whichever you prefer.

I noticed a message on the answering machine from Jeff.  Apparently, just as he was taking off, he received an error message on the plane concerning an alternator.  The plane has two of them but it's illegal to fly with only one.  He taxied back to the hangar and put the plane away.  Okay, his plans for the weekend had been dashed, but I was okay with that.  I could still go to Five Guys on Saturday for a hamburger, if I wanted.

When Jeff gets home, he tells me that Andy had called from Disney World, and the prior arrangements they had made for dog sitting of Gus (Anatolian Shepherd puppy - i.e., big) wasn't working out.  Andy wanted us to pick Gus up and bring him to our house until Tuesday.  Maggie and Sam were friendlier than I thought they would be about having Gus in the house.  

When it was time for bed, we put Gus in our bedroom and closed the door.  Gus believed that he should be on the bed with Sam and Maggie, but there just wasn't any extra room.  Throughout the night, I would occasionally wake up to hear Maggie giving a quiet warning to Gus.  You know the kind where she "politely" let Gus know that this is her bed.

So here we are on Saturday morning, both of us doing exactly what we didn't have planned for ourselves.  Since we have been served up lemons, we're just going to have to make lemon pie!

Here's a picture of a dog like Gus:

 Image result for picture of anatolian shepherd dog
 

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...