Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Bum Knee

5/18/2016

For the last few days I have heard a popping sound when I walk.  No biggie as far as I was concerned and continued going about my business.  Yesterday afternoon, on my way downstairs to the basement, that knee gave out on me and luckily I only fell/slipped down one step.  But, I had the devil of a time getting myself back onto my feet.

My mother was a frequent flyer (visitor) at her local hospital.  Everyone in the ER department knew her by name.  I don't wish to make myself known that well in any hospital.  However, after my knee went out, my pain level shot up way past 20!  I was in tears I had so much pain.  My friends know that I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but when Jeff came home and suggested a trip to the hospital, I agreed.

All things considered, we were treated very well at the hospital, but with some long periods of waiting on a nurse or physician attendant.  The xray showed that nothing was broken and the suggestion was that perhaps I had torn my meniscus around the knee.  Given a script for pain pills, which I'm reluctant to take, but likely will have to give in this morning.

I am spending my day in the recliner, which is good for the leg, but oh boy when I put the recliner in a sitting position and attempt to get up, the pain is pretty extreme.  I cannot imagine how I, as a couch potato, could have injured anything in my leg!  My biggest form of exercise is putting the recliner up and down.

So there you have it.  It's too much trouble to go back and forth on the stairs.  I'm spending my day in the den, watching useless television, reading and/or sleeping.  I am making no attempt to change my clothes or comb my hair.  I actually look a bit like an old hag.  But, I'm not expecting company, so no worries.

Hope you have a great day.  Enjoy walking.

P

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that...hope you feel better soon and enjoy your rest. Take it easy, and know that I am sending you good wishes!

    Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. knee is feeling much better now. I'm back to my "old" self again. Thanks for checking on me.

    P

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...