Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Memorial Day

5/30/2016

Happy Memorial Day everyone!  Besides remembering our veterans, it's also the start of summer for most of us.  We watched the Memorial Day concert on television last night and it was, as always, beautiful and heart-warming.  The Beach Boys played a few of their classic songs and the audience, most of them anyway, couldn't help but sway or dance to the music.  As I sat in my chair, happy that I wasn't outside in the rain watching the concert, I noticed that my own feet began to move back and forth.  I know the young'ens don't remember the 60's, but the gray haired among us, believe that the music of our teen years was the best.

Jeff enjoyed an extra day of sleeping in.  He gets up so early during the week, he's out of the house by 5:30 am, that by the time he gets home in the afternoon, he's worn out.  If we were independently wealthy, it would be wonderful if he didn't have to work.  The work that he does isn't hard, but the commute twice a day, particularly in the afternoons, is exhausting.

We had Costco pizza for dinner last night and I haven't had to cook dinner since Thursday!  Today, I will cook because Jeff has to have something for his lunch tomorrow.  I try to think of new things to make with the basic meat groups: hamburger, chicken and fish.  But, truthfully it seems that I make the same things over and over again!

Ladies, here is a recipe for brownies I found on Facebook.  Haven't made these yet, but they sound yummy:

1 1/4 cup Nutella
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour

Mix and back at 350 for 15 minutes

Have a wonderful extra day off from work.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...