Sunday, May 22, 2016

Rainy Sunday

5/22/2016

We've had rain for so many days now that it's hard to keep your/my spirits up.  So today, I'm typing with my "happy" (SAD) light on, which allows me to have some fake sunshine.  I guess it's better than nothing.

Normally on Sunday, I grab the TV Guide and start recording shows for the next week.  Since most of our Sunday favorite shows have now ended their seasons, it won't be as difficult to maneuver the evening line-up.  Of course, the downside of this is that our favorite shows are over for the moment, which means I have to spend a bit more time finding shows to watch.  I know, I know, you're probably wondering how somebody could actually think that recording a week's worth of television is either: (a) productive; or (b) good!  

Jeff is a minimal television watcher.  Since he gets up so early each day to go to work, he generally takes a snooze after dinner.  And, I understand that.  I, on the other hand, can generally sleep in, stay up later than I probably should.

Good Wife, a show we really enjoyed had it's series finale last week.  A lot of our shows are having their season finales, which means that I will need to put a lot of time/energy into finding something to watch.

I have two vices, actually I have more than two, but for the moment I'm concentrating on the two biggies.  One is television watching and the other is reading.  Each day I tidy up the kitchen and I keep up with laundry (although at the moment said laundry is sitting in the dryer)!  I try but am not successful in keeping dog hair from blowing around on the floors.  Maggie (lab) is one large hairball!  When Scott kept Suzie, our old lab, he shaved her in the summer.  While it's not a look you see often, it kept Suzie cooler as well as minimizing dog hair.

When I find a book on Amazon that I want to read, I always try and see if it's one of the Kindle Unlimited books.  Unlimited means you can have ten new free books on your Kindle at one time.  I try to delete books I've read so that I can add more new books.  But, sometimes the book I want to read is part of a series and one or more books are not free.  I can either pay to download the book onto my Kindle, or sometimes it's cheaper to just buy a real book.  The problem with the real book is that I need large print in order to read easily and it's harder to find large print books.  I tried audio books once, but the drone of the speaker quickly put me to sleep!

I hope it's nice and sunny where you are.  Just remember next weekend is a three dayer!!!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...