Sunday, May 1, 2016

Apologies!

5/1/2016

Apparently, I can no longer read the calendar.  Yesterday, I posted a blog about it being Scott's birthday.  Actually, today is Scott's birthday!

We went to Scott's house yesterday for lunch/dinner.  Scott asked that we bring deviled eggs and coleslaw, which we did.  There were burgers, hot dogs, baked beans, pasta salad, and macaroni and cheese.  Jackie (DIL) had made two cakes and filled the layers of both cakes with ice cream.  The chocolate cake had cookies 'n cream ice cream and the other cake was layered with sherbet.  The food was very good and I appreciate the work that Jackie put into getting the meal together.

Since most of the people who came were or are friends or peers that all worked in the computer industry.  I had brought a crossword puzzle book along with me, because I knew with 100% certainty that all conversations would eventually lead to the land of "ones" and "zeros".  I wasn't wrong.  I know next to nothing about computers, except how to turn one on!

We took the new car to Scott's house and rode with the top down and windows up.  Not a great day for a convertible, we take every opportunity we can get.  On the way home, it wasn't just sprinkling, it was raining and we had to put the top up.  Bummer. 

Once home, we settled into our respective recliners to watch some mind-numbing television (which is a specialty of mine) before going off to bed.  The dogs were happy to see us, because they normally get their evening snack at 5:00 and we didn't get home until 8:00.  Once the dogs were given their snack, they settled down for the rest of the evening.  Sam has gotten to be quite the lap dog and this makes me very happy.  

On today's agenda is Jeff going out to Andy's house to try and put a new belt on the tractor and possibly mowing the lawn.  He also mentioned something about going to the hangar at some point today.  

I will stay home.  I have a week's worth of television shows to schedule on my Tivo and need to do some laundry.  I made spaghetti a week or so ago and have taken the remains out of the freezer for dinner tonight.  

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and that it's shining wherever you are.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...