Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Alone Again

5/10/2016

Our house (pet) guest has gone home.  Gus is a young, big dog, who has a lot of energy.  He lives in the country on acres and has plenty of room to run.  Unfortunately, our house, set in suburbia, doesn't have an adequately sized yard for a young puppy who wants and needs to run.  Since both of our dogs are now "seniors", the most excited they get is when it's time to eat!  Otherwise, it's "I'm asleep, now leave me alone".

I know that when Jeff and I are away on vacation, which isn't frequent, it's always good to be home.  Pretty sure Gus felt the same way.  Scott has mastiffs, who are also a big breed.  Until he built his new home, also on acres, his dogs lived in a townhouse.  Now, like Gus, they have lots of yard to roam and/or sleep in!  As it should be.

Our bedroom was quiet last night.  Almost nothing wakes up Sam and Maggie, and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  Regardless, the spacing of human and dog bodies on the bed fell back into the regular sleeping spots, and all was good with the world.

As I'm writing, I can hear the snores coming from Sam and Maggie.  They've been fed and will be content until Sam's internal "5:00" alarm clock goes off.  At 5:00 in the afternoon, the dogs are given a mini meal of "hamburger and cheese" bites.

It's another dreary day here weather wise.  I haven't been outside, but it doesn't look very warm and the sky is drab gray.  This much rain is great for the lawn, but not so good for attitudes!

P








No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...