Thursday, February 23, 2017

A Beautiful Thursday

2/23/2017

Sitting here with the windows open, it's hard to imagine it's still winter, at least that's what the calendar says.  The furnace has been turned off and for the moment long sleeves are put away.  Those folks that want snow, and I don't mind having a "bit" because it makes everything pretty, are disappointed in our weather this year so far.

Tomorrow, Stacey and Benjamin are driving me to the doctor.  Yes, I actually decided that my business of sucking it up, wasn't making my knee better.  Instead, if anything, it's left me cranky!  I'd drive myself, but Jeff and I are doing the rotating our cars in and out for service, and I won't have my car tomorrow.  I'm not expecting the doctor to find much of anything wrong, but since the pain, etc., isn't going away, I guess I'd better make sure.  And, an added bonus of having Stacey with me, she can hear and retain whatever the doctor says.  Me?  I'll be able to remember some of what I'm told, but probably not everything.  A sad but true fact of who I am now.

Since Benjamin is home schooled, it has occurred to me that we could go to Lowe's and buy some seeds or young plants for him to grow as part of his science class.  I don't have much of a green thumb, and at this point putting plants in the backyard would be a joke, because the girls have eaten pretty much everything in the yard!

The season finale of "The Curse of Oak Island" was last night.  The team did find a corner piece of metal that was tested and found to be quite old.  The metal reminds me of a corner of a military foot locker.  Jeff and I want the team to eventually find something of significant value.  Every time, the drill thing goes into the hole named the Money Pit, generally all that comes back up is mud and some wood.  Jeff and I will just have to wait for the new season, whenever that is, to see how the story continues to unfold.  Sometimes, these reality shows seem to be more addicting than soap operas!

I did make spaghetti last night, and it turned out pretty well.  Tonight's dinner?  Pork chops I think.

I'm going to hop off the computer so that I can get dressed and sit in the sunshine for a bit.

P



Smiling sun



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...