Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wednesday

2/22/2017

How do I know it's Wednesday?  Because Wednesday is recycling day.  Although with the holiday on Monday, the pick-up may not happen until tomorrow.  Either way, it's at the curb.

Yesterday, PRIOR to dusting (ha ha), Stacey called and she and Benjamin were in Bethesda and close to the house.  She picked me up and we headed for the Art Studio to do some ceramic painting.  Benjamin painted a teddy bear I think pink.  He changed his mind numerous times!  Stacey painted a heart shaped plate in blue and then added "dots" of different colors to make the letter "B".  I, opted to paint a coffee mug that says "Love You to the Moon and Back", which has been what Benjamin and I say to each other when we say good-bye.

Now, I'm not the artist that Stacey is.  She has such a talent for all things creative.  I, on the other hand, can't even consider creative as a major asset of mine!  I painted the inside of the mug one color of purple and the outside a different color of purple.  The words are "painted" more or less in pink and the moon, stars and handle were painted yellow.  I then asked Stacey to paint a "lipstick" mark on one side of the mug!  All of my coffee cups have lipstick marks on the rim.  When we have company, I have a few mugs set aside that I don't mar with lipstick.  

We spent a bit of time at the store, chatting and painting and in my case, re-painting when I made an "oops" and painted the wrong color in the wrong spot.  You sincerely don't ever want me to help you paint a wall in your house!  I'm truly that bad of a painter.   We left for McDonald's to round out our special outing with a burger for me and a happy meal for Benjamin.  Stacey opted to get her dinner at Taco Bell, so all three of us were happy.  

This morning, I decided that I could no longer ignore the pain in my right knee that I injured when I fell a week or two ago.  The knee is still painful, swollen and numb.  I'm sure that I haven't broken anything, because I can bend the knee, but I found that driving and having to put my right foot on the pedals, is a bit (or actually more than a bit) painful.  Or, I'm simply looking for another reason to not drive.

Today, I have no excuse for not dusting or any other household chore that I've been putting off.  I don't know what I think is going to happen to the dust.  A dust fairy is going to come into the house during the night and wipe the place clean - I wish.

Time to get moving.  I've got stuff to do!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...