Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Sometimes Life Just Well ......

2/8/2017

Sucks!  Just when I think the girls are making progress into becoming adult dogs, there is a setback.  Yesterday's setback was yet another pillow, and I'm running out of them, that they took outdoors and destroyed.   So our backyard, in addition to looking like a war zone, now looks as if it has snowed!  I wish there was some kind of magic switch that would go off and voila they'd become settled and well-behaved - sigh.

A few months ago, I bought an upright vacuum, GUARANTEED never to lose suction.  I even bought a guarantee if the inevitable happened, and the vacuum didn't "suck".  Yesterday, was one of those days when I put the vacuum through it's paces.  I managed to fill TWO big trash bags with shredded paper and occasionally, okay often, missed the bag and shredded paper went everywhere!  I thought no problem.  

While vacuuming, I noticed rather quickly I might add, that the vacuum wasn't actually sucking up anything. Grrr.  So much for never losing suction!  I went back to the instruction book and read about something called a dust cup that is close to the bottom of the vacuum.  I found this cup and let me tell you it was FULL of dog hair, etc.  Using a letter opener, I cleaned out everything, and once I turned the vacuum back on - I had full suction!  Yippee for me.  The fact that I was able to diagnosis and FIX the problem is huge.  Normally, when ever there is anything that needs to be put together, etc., I'm like a fish out of water.  

Last night, Jeff set up my new "help" alert system.  I am supposed to wear the cord with the "button" around my neck always, even when I'm away from home and it won't work.  It makes good sense that if I leave the pendant hanging on a door knob in the house and then I fell - well then I would look pretty stupid.  

While I was sleeping this morning, the girls woke me up with the sound of tearing.  Nothing brings me more to attention than that sound.  Today, they took the bathroom trash can and spread it's contents everywhere.  Of course, they couldn't leave the contents in one piece - nope they shredded everything.  Some days I really regret having puppies.

It's so nice outside that I have the windows opened.  Hard to believe it's supposed to be winter.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...