Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Winter - Really?

2/7/2017

Here it is February, and I have turned the furnace off.  I can hardly believe it.  It's going to be in the 60's today.  If the temperatures continue to rise, we'll need to turn the air conditioner on!  I think just about everybody would like to see a bit of snow.  Notice I said bit.  We don't need "foots" of snow, but a few inches would be okay.  Mother Nature is fickle for sure.

I went to my book club last night and brought along my Bourbon (I used Whiskey) cheesecake bites.  These little bites are really tasty, but due to the caramel, they are also very sticky.  Basically, you need to eat the "bite" with one hand, while holding a wet paper towel in the other!   But, if you ever decide to search out the recipe, here is a handy hint.  Instead of unwrapping and melting caramel candy, do yourself a favor and buy liquid caramel.  I bought Ghirardelli caramel sauce that comes in a squeeze bottle.  This stuff is really good, probably too good, because you'll want to think up things to bake just so you can drizzle the caramel sauce on!

Today's task is to continue my shredding duties.  I have my "to be shredded" papers in a LARGE trash bag.  Note to self: it would be easier to shred more often!  It's easier on me and certainly would prevent the shredder from overheating!  Actually, when I think about it, almost any task would be easier if done on a regular basis.  Dusting comes to mind - ugh.

My "help I've fallen" system has arrived.  Since I'm absolutely helpless and/or hopeless with setting up things and/or falling instructions, I'll wait for Jeff to come home.  If I ever have to use the alert even one time, it will be (for me at least) money well spent.  It's sort of like the generator.  It's there if you need it, and if you don't, it's still waiting to be put to use.  It's tough to be so task challenged, but I have always had Jeff or the boys to do things like this for me.  So much for being an independent woman.

To reduce unnecessary barking, and to continue with potty training, the dogs are locked in the house.  I now take them out about every 1 1/2 hours.  This is working well, and once they go potty, they get a treat.  

I hope the sun is shining brightly where you are.

P

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...