Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Logical Monday

2/21/2017

Since Jeff had yesterday off, today feels like a Monday, rather than Tuesday.  When you stay home all the time, it's really hard to remember what day of the week it is!  I know, I know, everybody should have this problem.

My new Kindle arrived and it's small and sleek with a touch screen, which means there's no buttons to break.  However, as I do most, okay all, of the time, I manage to get my head screwed on backwards (no easy feat I assure you), and then the simplest of technical tasks, like registering my new Kindle becomes overwhelming.  I really want to be able to do some things on my own, but if it involves more than screwing in a light bulb, I'm literally out to sea.  

I talked with Amazon support, very nice people by the way.  Didn't understand about wireless and thought we didn't use wireless in the house, so decided to send back my small and sleek new Kindle.  But, then Jeff talked me off the ledge and said that we would look at my new Kindle when he gets home.  He takes very good care of me and I, in turn, "try" (emphasis on the word try) to do things on my own.  The result is generally a disaster. 

We did the Costco/WalMart run yesterday afternoon.  By the time we get home, it was getting late so I had to make Jeff dinner in a bag, sweet and sour chicken by the way.  I doctor it up a bit, by adding more chicken, pineapple and shrimp.  For something that comes from a bag, it's pretty tasty and quick to make.

Now that I've given up on setting up my new Kindle, I'm going to turn my attention to cleaning up the kitchen and starting dinner, spaghetti I think.  At the cost of red meat, i.e., steak, it's no wonder that after a few months, Jeff and I crave steak.  We're such carnivores!

It's an overcast day, but not cold.  I'm beginning to think that winter is just going to pass us by this year.  Costco and WalMart were bursting at the seams with seeds, bulbs, fertilizer, etc. yesterday.  I think it's a bit premature to start spring planting, and when it is time, we have a fair amount of work to do.  Thanks to the girls, we basically have no grass left in the backyard, which we will have to fix this spring.  And that means partitioning in some way part of the yard to keep the girls out.  That exercise should be so much fun!

Sorry this is late.  Have a great day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...