Friday, February 3, 2017

Stupor, I mean Super Bowl Sunday!

2/3/2017

If football is your sport, then Sunday will be the best day of the year for you.  For others, such as myself, just about all I know about football could be summed up in a word or two.  Jeff and I don't follow sports, so who's playing on Sunday, matters not to us.

I'm more interested in the commercials.  Companies spend huge amounts of money to have the biggest and best commercials on the air.  Our favorite commercials always come from Budweiser, because of those magnificent horses.

We don't watch the half-time show because it generally includes a singer(s) that we know nothing about. Gone are the days when music made sense and the lyrics remained in your head for years.  And yes, I'm dating myself, but I know some of you out there remember the music from the 60's!

This weekend, stores will be packed with people buying all the necessary and/or required Super Bowl food.  Wings, beer, chips, dips, chili, pizza, and nachos are a few of things people prefer to eat while watching the game.  I've never understood the fascination with wings.  According to those who "know", the average wing weighs 3 ounces and only gives 1 ounce of meat.  And, then they add some kind of sauce to the wing, which maybe makes it taste better but sure makes it messier.  I'd think you'd be more satisfied with a drumstick!  Just saying.

Jeff and I will "watch" and/or nap during the game.  Jeff needs to watch enough of the game, so that he can talk football on Monday morning.  I, on the other hand, don't have to talk about the game to anyone, so maybe I'll nap first and "watch" second!

Today, it's gloomy outside.  I sort of wish we would have some kind of snow event.  I don't need a blizzard per se, a few inches would do.  Just enough to keep you inside in front of a fire.  Oh, and employers who close their business for the day.  

I've got many things to do that will keep me busy today.  Now, all I HAVE to do is actually DO them!  

Have a happy and fast-moving (time-wise) Friday.

P

Image result for picture of super bowl sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...