Monday, February 20, 2017

Feels Like Sunday!

2/20/2017

Since Jeff has today off  - thank you to all Presidents, it feels more like Sunday than Monday.  When Jeff went out to Andy's yesterday, he took the girls with him.  Since Andy's house sits on acreage, Daisy in particular, was able to run and run.  It was a very quiet ride home (smiley face here)!

While he was gone, I made macaroni salad, one of Jeff's favorite things to eat and coconut cream pudding, with added coconut.  Both of these dishes were well received.  For the past "x" years, Jeff and on of our friends, always feel that I should put either more: mayo or pickle relish and sometimes both!  I tend to ignore criticism about my salad.  If YOU want to add more stuff, be my guest.

I have a Kindle DX and some of you may not have even heard about this model.  The screen is bigger, which is good for old and tired eyes.  The DX was retired in 2014 and I bought my used DX in 2015.  This week one of the key buttons on the DX has started breaking off.  A used DX now costs more than a new Kindle!  That's madness.  So, I decided it was time to get with new technology and bought myself a Kindle Paperwhite.  You move through your book on this Kindle by using your finger or a stylus.  No buttons to break!  And, of course, you have to have buy a cover too.  My doctor keeps telling me how she downloads books from the library to her Kindle.  I've spoken to the librarian, and she didn't even know what a Kindle DX was, and no I can't load free books on the DX. So happy belated Happy Valentine's Day to me.  I can still read some books with smaller print by using my reading glasses, but frankly it's a strain. 

Our weather is so beautiful, that I've opened up a few windows.  We are supposed to have glorious weather for the rest of this week.  Perhaps winter is going to pass us by.  Everybody likes to see a little snow; but, Jeff has reminded me that we don't have boys around to shovel anymore.  Perhaps it's better that it doesn't snow this year.

I managed, and only I could manage to do this, but managed to get myself locked out of Amazon Prime.  I have always been under Andy's prime account, but something went wrong (likely, I pressed some button erroneously) and Amazon said that I was only allowed free two day shipping.  Nope, not going to happen.  So, I bought myself a prime account so that I could not only enjoy the shipping discount, but also be able to watch Amazon's movies and television shows.  I am now set: I have my new Kindle arriving and my prime account is now active.  All is good with the world.

I hope you have today off.  That extra day tacked onto a weekend, is really good for Jeff. I'm not suggesting that he actually gets to sleep in, because the girls' internal alarms start going off at 7:00, but he will have time for a nap today.

Enjoy your day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...