Monday, February 27, 2017

It's Monday Again

2/27/2017

When I look at the calendar, I am amazed that on Wednesday, it will already be March.  How can this happen?  Two months have just zipped by, and I must not have been paying attention to the passing days.

I stayed up last night to watch the Oscars, but went to bed before the best actor/actress and picture awards were announced.  I thought Jimmy Kimmel was doing a good job of hosting, and I really enjoyed the candy drops, as I'm sure some of the folks in the audience did too.  As tight as some of the dresses were, I'm pretty sure that none of the ladies downed a hamburger before getting dressed.  Just saying.

There were some really elegant dresses on the red carpet, and then there were some that just seemed to scream "look at me".  I don't know how much tape was needed to keep some of the dresses from becoming an unexpected and I'm assuming unwanted, flash of skin.  There was someone in the front row, who I didn't recognize, who was wearing a very low cut dress and unfortunately, in my opinion, had her "girls", which were huge, almost hanging out.  I think that sometimes the more you cover, the sexier you become.  Meryl Streep looked gorgeous in her outfit and she wasn't flaunting vast amounts of skin.  Elegant lady.

I did notice some of the women who had blonde hair who were wearing yellow.  For me, that seems like an unwise color choice.  What happened to a splash of a bright color, to accent their coloring.  I, for one, can't pull off the color yellow.  I am a "winter" when it comes to clothes - bright reds, blues, greens, etc.  

Yesterday, I saw moments of absolute periods of the girls being very good dogs.  Could it be that they are beginning to mature?  I would say yes, except when I look out the window, I see all the evidence of Jeff's favorite pillow strewn across the lawn.  There are a number of things that we know we can't just laying on the ground - shoes, socks, etc.  But a pillow?  Mind you, I think that they probably really enjoyed watching the "snow" fall on the yard.  Jeff, on the other hand, was less impressed as that is the second pillow his that they have destroyed.  The pillow on my recliner, never gets taken.

Our few days of cooler weather is going to change in the next day or two.  I'm not quite ready for winter to really be over.  Spring weather is lovely but that leads into the summer, and I absolutely hate being hot.  

Have a good day.  Notice I didn't suggest that you were enjoying your Monday, just would like it to be a good one.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...