Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Gloomy Day

2/1/2017

Welcome to February!  One month down already.  I'm not exactly sure where the month went, but it's gone nonetheless.  Valentine's Day is just around the corner and the television commercials and newspaper ads, are all about jewelry, candy and flowers.  While I would be thrilled to have any one of those, I'd just as soon get a more practical gift, um like, actually at the moment can't think of anything!  I love jewelry but already own several beautiful pieces that I wear 24/7 and can't think of anything else I'd need - unless it was a bigger diamond!  (Just kidding Jeff)

Today's task and believe me it will be just that, is to go to the basement - ugh - and clean the floor.  Apparently, we have ONE dog and that would be Daisy who is still reluctant to go out in the backyard.  She and old Sam definitely have one thing in common - their love for all things concrete!  I've been closing the basement door and then every hour or so, take the dogs outside and when they go potty, they get a treat.  No tinkle, no treat.  I will say, that accidents in the house during the day seem to have stopped, or at the very least slowed down, and I'm grateful for any successes, even the small ones!

Jeff and I, but mostly Jeff, have finished the end of the year accounting for the boys' computer company.  It's a very good feeling when your envelopes are in the mail to the various tax departments.  I have even gotten so organized, that I three-holed punched our copy of all the tax forms, and have already put them in the appropriate binder.  How good am I?  In my opinion - very good.  (insert smiley face here)!

I think my dog trainer device is working.  Most of the time all I have to do is pick the device up.  This act alone causes the dogs to stop what they're doing and look at me.  Mind you, they can and do quickly pick up where they left off - fighting, barking, etc., but I'm convinced that they "know" what the gray thingy in my hand means.

I'd love to stay and "chat", but I've got things to do before the day gets away from me.  And, I can quickly become distracted!

P

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...