Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Gloomy Gus Kind Of Day

2/15/2017

By now, if you received chocolates yesterday, you might have already eaten a few, (okay maybe more than a few) depending on how much you love chocolate.  On a scale of 1 to "x" of how much I like chocolate, that "x" number is off the charts!  I'm not fussy.  White, dark, milk and/or a combination of any of those - yummy.

Since Daisy, on her walks, which is infrequent because of her behavior, I have bought her a guaranteed no-slip collar.  Actually, the guarantee is for a replacement if the collar becomes a chew toy!  The reviews are positive from buyers who all swear that their dogs, regardless of size, do not slip out of their collar.  When Jeff has taken Daisy out for a walk, she has managed to get out of her collar, whether it's a choke or regular one.  It's easy to see why Daisy doesn't get to go outside for a walk very often.

Bella walks very well on a leash.  No pulling or "squirrel" distractions!  One of Jeff's next thing to teach Bella, is how to get in and out of the car.  Last summer, when I took her to be spayed, it was literally all I could do to haul her heavy behind into the car.  Luckily, on the other end, the technicians helped me.

I believe, or maybe I just want to believe, that the girls are growing up.  The downstairs hall way is only occasional tinkled on.  The progress into getting the girls to grow into great dogs, is a long and slow process.  After losing several neck pillows that Jeff uses in his recliner, he now knows that he MUST take the pillow away after he goes to bed.  Several pillows have recently died a horrible death, and the backyard is filled with snowy stuffing.  And since it doesn't look like we're going to have any snow in the immediate future, the pillow stuffing will just have to do!

The new dog bed we bought was the subject of chewing yesterday.  The old bed was also chewed at one time; but, after I sewed up the hole, they have left it alone (teeth wise) ever since.  I guess one of today's chore will be to put all of the stuffing back in the bed and then sewing the hole shut.  I'm not the best at sewing, but I definitely deserve an "A" for effort!

Unfortunately, Daisy continues to exhibit true terrier behavior: digging and barking, not necessarily in that order.  Our neighbor's dog, can't go outside in his yard quietly.  Nope, he barks which starts an absolute frenzy with Bella and Daisy.  I really don't appreciate the barking, when both dogs are either sleeping (preferred) or chewing on a bone.

No news, big or little, happening here, and I like it that way.  Problems of any kind, tend to put me in a tailspin and Jeff normally has to get involved, as far as talking me of the ledge goes.

P


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...