Friday, February 17, 2017

Thank Goodness It's Friday

2/17/2017

Yup it's Friday and for some workers out there, also means a three day weekend.  That alone is cause for celebration.

Last night before going to bed, I looked, and I don't know why, into the living room.  I was really surprised when I saw a large portion of the den sofa on the floor.  Sometime when I wasn't looking, the girls had torn off more leather and a whole lot of foam stuffing.  So much for reselling the sofa!

I do try my best to keep my eyes on the dogs, but that's a daunting task.  While I'm doing "x", they're tearing up "y".  I'm hoping that the chewing part of puppy hood will soon be over.  Their favorite things to tear into are pillows and the sofa.  Shoes they seem to leave alone and socks they only seem to carry around.  It is no joke that the backyard looks like a bomb went off!  I wish that our fence was a lot taller so that the neighbors didn't/wouldn't have to look upon the mess that the girls have created.

All of us were in the living room being quiet - and then the neighbor's dog started barking.  This causes Bella and Daisy to go crazy.  Bella will stop barking after a bit and come back into the house.  Daisy not so much.  Even if I'm offering her a treat, she'll stand on the basement stairs and pretty much snub me.  This does nothing for my "good" nature.  The truth is that the longer I play cat and mouse with Daisy, the less I'm feeling good natured, and the more likely I am to become a bit (okay more than a bit) angry and I end up sounding like a fish wife!

I've got some packages to return to Amazon today.  They make returns super easy and most of the time it's free shipping.  You absolutely can't beat that.  

Today is dreary but this weekend we are supposed to have spectacular and warm weather, in the 60's.  I don't want to say it out loud, but could winter really be over for us?  I guess time will tell.  I know that most people would like and even enjoy a bit of snow.  Notice I said bit.  There's no need to have "foots" of snow, because after it falls, and you're through shoveling, that much snow just becomes a real drag.  Of course, I can't really complain because I don't do any shoveling, but Jeff does and it's hard work.

I'm off to pick up the foam sofa pieces and after that I'm not sure what else I'll do.  I'll think of something.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...