Sunday, February 5, 2017

Valentine's Day A Bit Early

2/5/2017

Last night, Jeff and I went out for dinner. We ate at a steakhouse, where appropriately most people go to eat steak.  For sure, they have fish and chicken on the menu, but what's the point of going to a steakhouse if you're going to eat chicken.  Chicken is cheap, you can eat it at home anytime.

I ordered Filet Mignon, which is my go to favorite cut of meat.  Jeff had a rib eye.  That first bite of my filet was so delicious that I actually closed my eyes while I savored the taste of the meat.  Jeff and I are beef eaters.  Well, we used to be beef eaters, but at the price of steaks currently, there is no red meat in our freezer, except for ground beef.  And, ground beef isn't really red meat to me.  It's something you cook with and not something you actually make into hamburgers.  I didn't finish my meal, which was my intention.  Leftovers are so good.  But even though I didn't finish my dinner, that didn't stop me from ordering a dessert to go!  Life without dessert is just not living.

We watched a bit of television and went to bed after watching several episodes of the tv show "24".  With the addition of television shows on Amazon or Netflix, you can binge watch all day long!  That's not actually healthy, but you could I suppose.

On Sundays, I load up the Tivo for the week's television shows.  Since the Super Bowl is on today, there are no conflicting shows that need to be re-arranged.  Thanks to sports on Sundays, our shows starting with "60 Minutes" always have to be recorded longer to accommodate a game.  It wouldn't hurt my feelings if ballgames were on a completely different channel, one entirely devoted to sports.  I know this opinion will not make me popular - just saying.

It's a beautiful day outside.  The sky is bright blue and the sun is out.  A bit on the cool side, but at least there's no rain.  Rainy weather means muddy paws!

Have a great day and I hope whatever team you're rooting for wins.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...