Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Face Creams Continued .....

2/14/2017

Before anything else, let me wish all of you Happy Valentine's Day.  Hopefully, your day might involve flowers and/or chocolate.  I'd be fine with getting chocolate, my flavor choice! (smiley face here).

Yesterday, I took out a magnifying glass to one of the jars of cream and found a phone number for the Pure Radiance Company.  The somewhat snippy lady on the phone says that since Jeff didn't decline auto ship and/or return the product within 14 days, we're stuck paying the bill.  She offered me several options: return the creams, unopened of course, back to them at my expense.  If I did that I'd get my entire charge of $166.32 back.

The other option was to keep the creams and they would give me back 50% of the $166.32, which comes to somewhere in the neighborhood of $83.15.  I believe I told her, in perhaps not the most lady-like language, that hell no was I going to accept a refund of 50%.  I took the creams and boxed them up and went off to the mailbox store.  Because I believe I'm dealing with a slimy company, I sent the box via UPS so that I could have a tracking number.  My gut feeling is that if I sent the box back via USPS, they might deny ever receiving it.  Note to self: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Today I have an appointment with my psychiatrist.  Since it's Valentine's Day, I am bringing her a small package of Lindor Truffles, who knows perhaps she'll share!

Today's gift from the girls was a piece of hard plastic.  Hard to identify it after they've finished chewing it up. But, it was something they found in the basement.  It's a slow method of "recycling", but pretty much everything they find in the basement, has to be thrown out, sigh.

I have found a wonderful way to send "e cards" to my friends.  There is a company called Jacquie Lawson, who has the most wonderful and beautiful cards, advent cards, etc. for sale.  If you buy a one year membership for $14.00, you can send out as many cards to friends and family as you wish.  I think the cost is a bargain, when you factor in the cost of most cards today, which can cost anywhere from say $2.99 to upwards of $4.99, plus postage.   Yesterday, I sent out 10 "e cards" to friends and family.  Based on the response thank you notes I'm getting, it seems as if the cards have been well received.  

Whatever you do today, I hope it includes, at the very least, chocolate.

P

Country Cakewalk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...