Monday, February 6, 2017

The Day After The Super Bowl

2/6/2017

Jeff went out yesterday afternoon to get a few groceries.  While he was gone, I got the laundry done and fixed dinner.  What a good girl am I!

After dinner, we sat down and watched the Super Bowl.  Now my knowledge of football is almost less than zero.  I know they play with a spiral ball and that there are goal posts at end end of the field.  Beyond that, I'm pretty much just a participant in watching.  Most of the time I had no idea what was going on.  But, even to a novice, the game was exciting.  Jeff, who gets up to go to work at the crack of dawn, stayed up until the final overtime moment.

I generally look forward to the commercials.  But, this year those commercials seemed rather "eh" to me.  Lots of commercials previewing action movies filled with all types of destruction. I thought the best commercial was from Mercedes with a bar scene full of rough riders, and Peter Fonda hopping into a Mercedes and driving away.

Jeff and I hit the fast forward button on the half-time show.  I think Lady Gaga is a fine performer, she just doesn't sing any songs that Jeff and I want to listen to.  I know, I know, color us old!

I have book club tonight and I'm bring the dessert: Bourban-Caramel Cheesecake Bites.  I've never made them before, so hope that they turn out alright.  I'll let you know tomorrow what the ladies thought.

Have a wonderful Monday and I hope that the team you were rooting for won yesterday.

P


Image result for picture of bourbon-caramel cheesecake bites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...