Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Alll Things British

7/2/2019

Good morning everybody. Jeff and I have appointments today, so I got up early, so that I could chat with all of you! See what a good person I am! (Never hurts to toot your own horn).

Through Amazon, is there any other retailer out there, I bought a used souvenir book about Buckingham Palace. I actually like used books. I like the smell of really old books, and I own several of these. 

But, here's what I always wonder. Who originally owned the book? And, why did they give a book away? Wouldn't it be nice if the owner of a book, wrote inside, a bit about themselves. I don't need anybody's name, but would like to know the book's journey. And, perhaps I'm the only person on the planet who gives two hoots about things like that.

I started reading the book, which is filled with magnificent pictures of some of the rooms in the palace. When I'm not looking at the pictures, I read the text, which is filled with stories about royal members of the family, long gone.

When I opened the book, a ticket fell out. The ticket is dated August 20, 2006 for a 12:00 appointment. The ticket cost 12 pounds and fifty cents. Converting that to dollars, the ticket would have cost about $15.00. The ticket is unused, and I can't help but wonder why. The ticket indicates that the person who bought the ticket was over 60. I'm pretty sure that refunds of a ticket purchase was not permitted.  

I have an over active imagination. I'm sure that if I bought a ticket for the summer opening of the state rooms, in the palace, almost nothing would keep me from going. 

I intend to keep the book. It is what some would call, a coffee table book. Coffee table books are generally what I will call picture books. The ticket? I'm putting it in with my other treasures, in the hope chest. Once I'm gone, I know that nobody will give a second thought to keeping this silly old ticket, and that's okay.

Several appointments today, so I'll keep this blog short.

Have a great day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...