Monday, July 22, 2019

Clothes - What To Do?

7/22/2019

More likely than not, fellows you probably won't be interested in this topic. But, the ladies will.

I've been dieting since November and have lost weight. somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 pounds, give or take. And, I'm super pleased with myself.

Here's my dilemma. What do you do with your "fat" clothes? I have gone through my clothes, and am almost embarrassed with the number of clothes I have.

I only have one or two what I would call business, or sort of dressed up clothes. And, I only have a few pieces.

But, my stay at home clothes has become overwhelming. Please don't tell Jeff this! I went through pretty much every piece of spring/summer clothing. In one pile, I put my "fat" clothes. To be sure, I could probably still wear some of them even now. But they'd be saggy and/or baggy. This is not a look I'm going for.

I now have filled a large plastic bag, with all things that are, at the moment, too big for me. Do I keep them, just in case of back sliding? Or, do I donate them, and make a personal resolution that I'm not going there in the future? 

I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am to put on smaller size clothes. It's a reward for picking a "diet" that I can live with, and enjoying the results. In the beginning, not only did I drink (and still do) high protein flavored water, but also high protein bars. When we're going to be out for a long time, visiting Hopkins for instance, I do put a bar in my purse. And, sometimes - okay, most times - I forget it's there until I pull it out and it's smushed (new word). 

For the moment, I think I'll just stash away my "fat" clothes. If, at the end of the year, I've not gained weight, perhaps then I'll feel competent enough to donate them. Keep your fingers crossed. 

You know the sayings: "I live to eat" and "I eat to live". I'm pretty much in that last category. We had pizza last night. I had one piece and I didn't even manage to eat all of it. Before barbaric surgery, Jeff and I attended classes about using little plates, little forks, etc. And, more importantly, to know when you're full and then stop eating. Stopping eating, when there's more on your plate, is a practice that has to be used ever time you eat. 

I am 22 pounds from my first goal. Since I really can't exercise, the pounds have to come off by limiting how much I eat. Wish me luck. I don't want my weight to define me.

Try and stay cool everybody.

P





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...